Second Harvest Japan
Second Harvest Japan Disaster Relief Food Drive
Mizuta bldg 1F Asakusabashi 4-5-1, Taito-ku, Tokyo
Site: http://www.2hj.org/index.php/news/send_us_food_and_supplies/ (English)
Tokyo International School
TIS Disaster Relief Supplies 3-4-22 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0073
Phone: 090 6569-7038
Site: http://www.support.tokyois.com/a-way-you-can-act-now/ (English)
Peace Boat Center Tokyo
B1, 3-13-1 Takadanobaba, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169-0075, Japan
- Before sending donations to any of the above, please read the information on the corresponding web site. All the donation centers have their own restrictions about what they will and won't accept. They also have requirements for how to package items.
- In general, remember that if you put only one category of items (Baby care goods, Health care goods, Food, etc.) into a box and label it with the exact contents, it saves the volunteers at the center a lot of work sorting and repackaging donations.
- If possible, please label the contents in Japanese. Even though there are foreign volunteers at some of the centers listed, if the box has been properly packed it may be sent as is to the evacuation centers. It will make life easier for Japanese volunteers in Tohoku if they don't need to open the box to find out what it is.
- No matter how good your intentions, or what you have heard is needed at evacuation centers, please do not donate any items which are not listed as acceptable. The centers will have to sort these items out and likely just end up disposing of them.
- I have listed telephone numbers for some of the donation centers, but please do not call them unless it is a real emergency. They need their phone lines open for other communications.