Saturday, September 24, 2011

Romeo for Tohoku (Aroma Rich Juliet contest – I need your vote!)

Posted on behalf of hard-working Tohoku Volunteer Dean Newcombe, in support of his work with Intrepid Model Adventures and their long-term volunteer project in Ishinomaki: 

http://aroma-rich-romeo.jp/profile/dean.html
Romeo and Juliet. We all know the story, but perhaps most of us don’t get the chance to be labeled as ‘Romeo’! That’s exactly where I have found myself though.

Living in Japan has granted me many opportunities, and many of them very surreal. I certainly didn’t expect to be standing as 1 of 8 gentlemen hoping to become the image of Romeo here in the land of the rising sun, and further more, I didn’t realise how passionate I would become at taking the 1st prize!

Agencies searched Tokyo for talents that stood out, who did something a little bit special. Guys who present sport on TV, guys who perform magic and dance, but I had other ideas…to further establish the ‘Volunteer / Model’!


So here I stand, the ‘Sweet Passionate Model’ (not self labeled I should state! ;) ). I won’t be calling up to any balconies, or delivering romantic lines, but I will be doing something which I believe is much more important! I will be taking Romeo’s spotlight to Tohoku, and I will be showing what a modern Romeo would really stand for! I will donate all the money I get from winning this contest to those in Tohoku!

If you believe in this cause…
  1. Visit – http://aroma-rich-romeo.jp/profile/dean.html – From anywhere in the world you can register a vote. You don’t need to speak Japanese. Just hit the gold button and when the box with Twitter and Facebook links comes up, you have voted. Thank you!
  2. Visit – https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126479670783802 – This is the event on Facebook and has more information. Join the group and invite others explaining why they should care.
  3. Keep voting. This is not a one off, you can vote daily! Each device you have and each browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer) can register a vote, and I need them all.
  4. Spread the word in any other way you can, and let me know that your there supporting me so I can thank you personally!
Against all the odds, can the Volunteer Model pull this off? With your help…yes!
Fashionista's Romeo - By Nathan Berry of ECA Photography - Tokyo 2011

Modern Day Romeo By Anatole Papafilipou of Moonlight Studios, Hiroki Takeru of Studio 47 and Chanyn Kirtman of Chanyn Cheree Styling - Tokyo 2011

See more from ECA photography.
See more from Moonlight Photography
See more from Chanyn Cheree Styling

No comments:

Post a Comment